|Job Title:||Software Engineer – C & Python|
|Location:||Near Bursledon, Hampshire|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||email@example.com|
Software Engineer Position Overview:
Broadrock Marks is working with a small-mid sized software product firm who have been extremely successful since their inception some 8 years ago. As part of organic growth, they are seeking a Software Engineer who has strong C and Python skills to join their small development team currently consisting of 6 individuals.
The core focus of this role will be to drive the creation of a new satellite connectivity product that will be used in high-risk environments by the likes of drones, oil-wells, cubesats, governments, field-based journalists, and competitive racing and sports. The product is based around a single board (embedded) Linux computer and satellite modem, that when deployed within essential infrastructure, will provide a highly secure and reliable IP network.
In this role, you will be heavily involved in the continuous advancement of the company’s ARM based tracking products, giving you the opportunity to work closer to the metal than most software jobs and a deep understanding of how your code interacts with the hardware it runs on.
Software Engineer Position Requirements:
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of Linux
- Strong skills and experience in using C and Python
- Strong knowledge and experience of Git
- Have a good understanding of IP networking (i.e. routing, PPP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, iptables)
- Have an understanding of design and architecture
- Be a natural problem solver/debugger
- Any knowledge or experience of embedded software development, especially around ARM processors would be advantageous but is not essential.
Software Engineer Position Perks:
- Basic salary ranging between £40-60k
- Flexible working culture
- Flat structure environment
- Flexibility for working from home
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.