|Job Title:||Senior QA Engineer|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Senior QA Engineer Position Overview:
Our client is a successful fintech that serves major banks and other leading financial institutions across the Netherlands and Europe. Due to organic growth, they are looking for an experienced Senior level QA Engineer to join their team.
The company currently has circa 40 full-time employees and work across 3 scrum teams, with each team having 8-9 people and are led by a product owner. You will join one of these teams whilst being part of the overall QA team and will report to the tech lead and CTO.
The core focus of this QA position is on the development of new features for the company’s system – functional and non-functional testing of the entire system. The complete system runs in two AWS regions, so you and the QA team will be working with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, as well as third party components such as Elastic and Apigee Edge. Development is mostly done in Java and Kotlin, while DevOps related development is mostly in Python.
As a Senior (or Lead) QA Engineer, it is also expected that you will drive the test architecture enhancements, coach juniors, and be a relevant contact person for the business and its customers.
This is currently a full-time remote position, which after Covid can be discussed as a part remote position.
Senior QA Engineer Position Requirements:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of commercial QA experience.
- Have experience with test automation of REST API using Java or Kotlin
- Have a good understanding of quality assurance processes throughout the software lifecycle, as well as test architecture design, test automation solutions and principles.
- Have hands-on experience in Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, CloudFormation).
- Have experience with performance testing using Jmeter/BlazeMeter/Gatling or other relevant tools.
- Have an understanding of CI/CD concepts, as well as configuration and maintenance of CI jobs.
- Have experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
- Have a good understanding of Agile methodologies
- Have natural leadership and managerial skills, and the ability to mentor and coach lower-level colleagues.
- Any experience with Elastic, Fluentd, and/or Apigee is highly desirable.
Senior QA Engineer Position Perks:
- A basic salary of circa €70k
- Modern office located in central Utrecht.
- Great pension scheme
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.