Job Title: Contract Data Engineer – Outside IR35
Salary/Rate: £450-500 per day (experience dependant)
Location: Remote / Southampton area
Job Reference: A000490
Consultant Handling Vacancy: Steve Oakley
Consultant Telephone Number: +44 (0)2381 542 401
Consultant Email Address: steve.oakley[at]broadrockmarks[dot]com
The majority of this assignment can be carried out remotely, but occasional visits to the office will be required.
Contract Cloud Engineer Position Overview:
- Be responsible for maintaining a data processing infrastructure, and build a scalable data processing pipeline that will distribute workload and support auto-scaling using available resources in collaboration with the DevOps team.
- To develop tools that analyse large datasets using the likes of MapReduce, and processes and procedures to manage the data ETL pipeline.
- Create and maintain data lakes.
Contract Cloud Engineer Position Requirements:
- Have 3+ years commercial experience.
- Have knowledge or experience of MapReduce.
- Have knowledge of/experience of working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Have knowledge of/experience of Hadoop/Cassandra/Spark/Dask.
- Have knowledge of distributed databases.
- Have a good understanding of data transformation pipeline design.
- Have the ability to create optimised SQL queries.
- Have knowledge of/experience of PostgreSQL.
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.