|Job Title:||DevOps Team Lead|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
DevOps Team Lead Position Overview:
Our client is a leading software company. As they embark on their transition to a DevOps environment and culture, they are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to take on the role of DevOps subject matter expert whilst leading an IT operations team, reporting directly into the IT Manager.
You will ensure the continual deployment and availability of platforms that support IT Ops, Software Development and the company’s clients. Moreover, you will also be responsible for the team designing, implementing and monitoring the infrastructure, preparing upgrades and patches to planning and implementing the full migration and expansion of client facing production systems.
DevOps Team Lead Position Responsibilities:
- Work with the different teams to bring in a DevOps culture
- Coach and mentor in DevOps tools and principles.
- Liaise with IT/tech peers to provide a cross-functional suite of services.
- Drive and champion infrastructure automation of everything manual using scripting tools including Ansible, Python, Bash and Git.
- Build, deploy, manage and maintain systems on private cloud services including using Kubernetes.
- Drive application deployment from broad systems to microservice provisioning.
- Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and escalation procedures.
- Build, maintain and deploy “infrastructure as Code” using tools such as Ansible, Docker and Jenkins.
- Recommend Big Data approaches
- Specialise in Linux to ensure high performance and availability of infrastructure.
- Manage system failures and support the Company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Manage CI/CD environment
DevOps Team Lead Position Requirements:
- Have experience of leading or managing teams
- To have previously been a DevOps Engineer
- Have experience of managing a CI/CD environment
- Have knowledge or experience of Kubernetes
- Have experience of working with Ansible, Docker andor Jenkins
- Have the ability to manage client expectations and project deadlines
- Have Cloud experience in AWS and/or Azure desirable
- Have strong Linux knowledge and scripting languages (BASH, Python etc).
- Have a development background/knowledge with an ability to understand a complex application stack and to adhere to good agile development practices
DevOps Team Lead Position Remuneration:
- Basic salary between £60-75k (possibly higher)
- Grown up, flexible working environment
- Generous secondary benefits package
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.