|Job Title:||Scala Developer|
|Location:||London (Zone 1)|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||email@example.com|
Scala Developer Position Overview:
Successful and long standing FinTech company are seeking a back-end Developer to work with Scala and Java.
The company are embarking on a major growth plan and to cater for this are increasing the development department at a rate of 50% per year! Historically their product streams have been SQL based but we’re pleased to say the release of their first cloud-based product (of which over 50% is written in Scala) was a HUGE success in 2018!
Not only does the product continue to need new features added but the company also have new products planned which means the projects you would be working on are all greenfield and extremely interesting – I can’t stress enough the this is a great time to join the company!
The company operate out of a modern office (which they recently increased) surrounded by plenty of amenities including shops, bars, restaurants and gyms, and are easily accessible by several tube stations (Central, Circle, District, Metropolitan lines) and over grounds.
I’m delighted to say this business truly understand how Developers want to be treated and how they want to work and provide this through a flexible and grown up working culture.
Scala Developer Position Responsibilities:
Working in a fun and collaborative environment, you will work on an array of new (greenfield) projects, all whilst utilising a modern tech stack that includes: Java SE, Scala, Akka, sbt, Play, React.JS, IntelliJ IDEA. Eclipse, TestNG, JUnit, Git, Bamboo, Confluence, Jira, Maven, Sonar
Scala Developer Position Requirements:
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be a bright, intelligent individual with circa 2+ years commercial experience working as a Developer using Java and the Scala ecosystem (Scala, Akka, sbt) as well as solid knowledge of the Java stack.
- You need to have good knowledge of the full lifecycle software development process.
- You’ll need to have the want to work in a collaborative environment and enjoy a problem-solving challenge.
- You’ll need to be a genuinely passionate technologist who is always looking to advance their skillset by learning/using new tools and technologies.
Scala Developer Position Remuneration:
- Basic salary ranging between £50-65k
- 10% bonus per year.
- Private health care/insurance and life insurance.
- Nice, modern offices.
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.