|Job Title:||Senior/Lead Scala Developer|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||email@example.com|
Senior/Lead Scala Developer Position Overview:
Our client- a small but rapidly expanding web & mobile product company is actively seeking a Senior / Lead Scala Developer to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
You will be working in a semi start-up environment.
Senior/Lead Scala Developer Position Responsibilities:
- Working in an Agile focussed agile cross functional team, you will design, plan, and develop scalable and high performing APIs. These API’s support both mobile apps (Android & iOS) and responsive websites.
- Working with fellow colleagues and teams, you lead the definition, design, and implementation of new features.
- Alongside the CTO and Development manager, you will oversee code quality, organization, and automatization.
- You will lead and mentor other Developers.
- You will be responsible for backend architecture, estimation of work, and ensuring delivery is on time and to agreed deliverables.
- You will work closely with stakeholders to help define technology solutions, plans, and roadmap.
- You will assist in testing code for robustness, usability, general reliability, and edge cases
Senior/Lead Scala Developer Position Requirements:
- 3 years commercial Scala experience.
- 5 years commercial Java experience.
- Have proven experience of being a lead / senior (coaching / mentoring)
- Be experienced in Akka framework
- Have good experience of RESTful API design and implementation.
- Have experience of designing architectures.
- Have proven experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment, and knowledge of TDD
- Have good knowledge of Unit testing
- Have good SQL database experience.
- Have good experience of working with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku, Rackspace)
- Have great communication skills and not afraid to conduct presentations when necessary
- Be a natural problem solver with an analytical mindset
- Be focussed on the customer / end-user and their experience.
- Experience of Play2 or Spray
- Experience of NoSQL databases
Senior/Lead Scala Developer Position Remuneration:
- Salary of £70-75k per annum
- Flexible working
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.