|Job Title:||Software Engineer – Move into DevOps|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||email@example.com|
Software Engineer (Move into DevOps) Position Overview:
Our client is a mid-sized Software house who have been in operation for 20+ years. They primarily work in a Microsoft .NET stack and use Python on occasion for specific web projects.
They have an opportunity for a software engineer who has a minimum of 3 yrs experience to move into and take on a DevOps role with them.
You’ll be working closely with and mentored directly be the Head of Technology. The role will be working in a modern and fast paced environment, where you will be given increasing control and autonomy over the infrastructure that caters for their application delivery.
You’ll be given relevant guidance and any required hands-on training that allows you to grow and develop yourself within this long standing, innovative and dynamic company.
Over time, you’ll make it your goal to champion DevOps across the business, making sure that AWS and Azure environments are robust and running to the highest quality, automating as much infrastructure testing and deployment a possible.
Software Engineer (Move into DevOps) Position Requirements:
- Although the role does involve mentoring and guidance from senior management, you will need to be a natural problem solver who is not afraid to go away and research a solution on your own.
- You need to have a minimum of 3 yrs commercial experience in a Software Development/Engineering role.
- You need to have knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Have some sort of scripting experience (shell, pearl, python etc)
- You need to be a genuine passionate technologist who is always keen to learn new tools and technologies.
- Have knowledge of or exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Serverless
- Have knowledge of or exposure to CI systems (TFS, Jenkins)
- Have knowledge of or exposure Terraform, NoSQL and/or RabbitMQ
Software Engineer (Move into DevOps) Position Remuneration:
- Basic salary of £45-65k
- Generous secondary benefits package
- Flexibility to work from home 1-2 days per week.
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.