|Job Title:||SQL Database Administrator – DBA|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||email@example.com|
SQL Database Administrator – DBA Position Overview:
Our client is a mid sized but leading technology firm who are actively seeking an SQL DBA to join them on a full time permanent basis.
SQL Database Administrator – DBA Position Responsibilities:
Working in a team of 10 individuals, you will be responsible for providing high level support and administration for the companies SQL Server infrastructure.
Key aspects of your role will include:
- To ensure backup and recovery procedures are defined and adhered to, and ensuring effective monitoring is implemented and utilised.
- To maintain user access administration and auditing, monitoring privileges methodology to SQL servers and databases.
- To Install, configure and manage SQL Servers (Clustered) including the management and deployment of Microsoft patches and updates.
- To offer in-depth support to dependant teams and functions, and troubleshoot SQL Server outages as they occur whilst taking all reasonable and pro-active measures to reduce the likelihood of re-occurrence.
- To constantly look for and advise on opportunities for improvement on SQL Server security and best practices.
- To apply all best practices and methodologies when it comes to security.
SQL Database Administrator – DBA Position Requirements:
- Have good experience of working with SQL Server 2008/2012 and/or 2016.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to converse with (sometime non-technical) stakeholders.
- Have experience of Microsoft SQL clustering using Windows Server 2008/Server 2012 and/or 2016, as well as installation.
- Be a team player who is happy to work in a collaborative and cohesive environment.
- Have an understanding of the concepts of structured data storage and retrieval.
- Have good experience of Analysis Services, Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Have experience of SQL Server migrations and consolidations.
- Have knowledge or experience of SQL Server replication.
- Have exposure to TDE.
SQL Database Administrator – DBA Position Remuneration:
- A basic salary ranging between £40-48k depending on experience.
- A very generous and competitive secondary benefits package.
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.