|Job Title:||Systems / Infrastructure Engineer – Move into DevOps|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||email@example.com|
Systems / Infrastructure Engineer (Move into DevOps) Position Overview:
Our client is a small yet extremely successful technology company who is growing their internal team and in doing so, are looking for a Systems / Infrastructure Engineer. At present, the company has a low-level DevOps practice that is light on its processes but this is going to change and grow significantly over the next 12-18 months, and therefore the company is looking for an Engineer who would like to move into a DevOps role as this change happens and ultimately take ownership of the company’s DevOps practice. The reason for this is to allow the company to scale its systems to support its growing global customer base, and innovate their products and services for new markets and opportunities.
This role will see you take ownership of the company’s infrastructure from an early stage and look at ways to continuously evolve and grow this through automation/infrastructure as code. You will administer all system monitoring and alerts, oversee recovery plans, monitor and maintain security, which all lead to the company running a highly resilient platform! In addition, you will assist in automated build processes, run CI/CD pipelines and containerise systems using Docker.
Systems / Infrastructure Engineer (Move into DevOps) Position Requirements:
- You should be able to work independently and as part of the dev team, with the confidence to own the infrastructure and eventually DevOps practice.
- Appreciate the importance to have a rock-solid infrastructure.
- You will need to have very strong Linux admin skills and some sort of scripting knowledge (Bash, Shell etc).
- You will need to be a natural problem solver and a genuine passionate technologist.
- Have a want to work in a collaborative and cohesive working environment, where colleagues have fun and enjoy a laugh.
- You will need to have knowledge of administering and tuning MySQL and exposure to or commercial experience of AWS.
- Have experience of working in a small company environment and appreciate how it differs to enterprises.
- Have experience of Docker and/or Containerisation.
- Have an understanding of SOAP.
Systems / Infrastructure Engineer (Move into DevOps) Position Remuneration:
- Basic salary ranging from £40-60k
- Grown-up and flexible working environment
- Great office culture
- Free parking
- Awesome hardware
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.