|Job Title:||Technical Lead / Lead Java Developer|
|Consultant Handling Vacancy:||Steve Oakley|
|Consultant Telephone Number:||+44 (0)2381 542 401|
|Consultant Email Address:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Technical Lead / Lead Java Developer Position Overview:
Our client is looking for a Technical Lead / Lead Java Developer to join them on a full time, permanent basis.
You will join a well-respected and growing organisation based near Southampton.
Reporting directly into C-level management, you will play a pivotal role in the overseeing the delivery of technical software projects built on the Java technology stack.
You will also play a hands-on technical role by where you will be heavily involved in the design and development of new features, enhancements and greenfield applications.
Working closely with a Project Manager, you will be leading projects from a technical perspective, so are required to have strong, extensive hands on experience in Java.
You will lead the development team, acting as a coach and mentor where necessary and to ensure the teams output is always of the highest quality.
Technical Lead / Lead Java Developer Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead the development of new applications, features and enhancements as necessary.
- Oversee and lead the code testing.
- Assist stakeholders where necessary to define requires – be the ‘technical head’ to break down into technical tasks.
- Oversee the maintenance of both new and legacy software.
- Perform code reviews
- Lead the debugging of software.
- Oversee the complete software development lifecycle.
- Upkeep all relevant documentation.
- Continuously look at ways to improve processes and procedures.
Technical Lead / Lead Java Developer Position Requirements:
- This position would suit someone who is passionate about what they do and technology as a whole.
- You will need to have a positive, can-do mindset.
- You will need a customer centric mindset, and an advocate of best practice development techniques
- Have strong communication skills and a friendly, warm personality.
- Have strong Java skills (version 7 and/or 8) using the Spring framework.
- Have good knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Have experience of working within an Agile environment.
- Have experience of working with Jira and GIT
Have experience of working on enterprise scale applications (Server side)
Have experience of working on ‘high transactional’ systems.
Have experience of TDD/BDD
Technical Lead / Lead Java Developer Position Remuneration:
- A basic salary ranging between £45-55k
- Flexible working hours
Broadrock Marks are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.